When I first got started down the rabbit hole of clean living, I was on a mission to replace EVERYTHING I used with a DIY version. Not only to save some money, but because I’m a total nerd when it comes to all things DIY. With a little trial and creativity, I was convinced it was easy and possible. For the most part, it is – with a few exceptions.
- I’m not real crazy about DIY laundry detergent and it’s a pain in the ass to make;
- Homemade lotion that does not feel greasy is a tough nut to crack; and
- DIY shampoo leaves may hair looking far worse than BEFORE I hopped in the shower.
Other than those, I’ve pretty much found a comparable – or dare I say BETTER – DIY version that saves me a crap load and isn’t filled with all kinds of nasties. And for the times I’m simply too time-constrained to DIY it, I buy all of my non-toxic home, skin care, and beauty products at wholesale from this company.
So, in my search for an easy, non-toxic, and inexpensive skin care regimen for my face, I stumbled upon some ideas that helped me to craft and perfect this recipe.
It’s awesome because it doesn’t strip the moisture out of my face every time I wash it. Plus, the added benefit of Purification – a powerhouse Essential Oil Blend to support healthy skin – makes it smell so good!
I like to follow this moisturizing foaming face wash up with a pH-balancing facial toner (stay tuned or the recipe!) and my skin has never felt better!
Give it a try and tell me what you think!
- DIY Foaming Face Wash2016-09-21 16:56:30This is the best DIY foaming face wash! My easy, non-toxic, and inexpensive skin care regimen includes this moisturizing foaming face wash.Write a reviewIngredientsInstructions
MIX Wellness https://mixwellness.com/
- Fill empty soap dispenser ¼ way with Castile soap. Add Vitamin E oil and essential oil. Fill remainder with distilled water.
- Use 1-2 pumps on face twice daily and rinse with water.