If there’s one thing that I’ve learned in my years as a nurse (and wife too – let’s be honest), telling people what to do to be healthy backfires.
Why? Because for the most part, we all know what it is that we need to be doing to be healthy, weigh less, feel better, manage our chronic disease, etc. It’s a matter of identifying the right motivator, committing to action, and following through.
Pretty simple equation, right? Umm, no.
As a Health and Wellness Coach, I’m often asked “What IS coaching?” and “How does it differ from other forms of health and fitness services (personal training, nutritionist consultations, etc.)?” Great questions – after all, coaching is a relatively emerging trend in the booming wellness industry. Here are a few tidbits that describe why coaching model so successful:
- Coaches help clients develop awareness and insight about what they do and where they want to go.
- Health and fitness professionals instruct clients on how to do something.
- Coaches work typically by phone and/or video chat (Skype, etc.), usually with email support, and occasionally in-person.
- Health and fitness professionals typically work in-person.
- Coaches help clients find their own answers.
- Health and fitness professionals typically provide the answers.
- Coaches relate to a client as both the partner and the expert and hold them accountable to themselves (a proven key to success).
- Health and fitness professionals are primarily seen as as the expert and the authority – giving advice and instruction.
- Coaches deal with the broad spectrum of a client’s life and achieving more adequate, satisfying, and productive lifestyle changes in multiple areas of wellness – not just weight loss or fitness.
- Health and fitness professionals focus on improvements typically in one of the following: physical fitness, weight, nutrition, or health. . .
Coaches provide clients with the support and capacity to produce incredible results – and not generate the perception that clients need to rely on the coach to set goals and get results in the future. Teach a man to fish, right?
In a nutshell, the client is in control of their destiny – coaches are simply a conduit to making their dreams a reality, co-creating a realistic and customized action plan to make healthy and lasting lifestyle changes and supporting them every step of the way.
To learn more about my coaching services and set up a free consultation, peruse the website or jump right in and get started now. And through the month of January, take advantage of special savings and receive three months of coaching for $199.
It’s time to make your health a top priority. If you have the will, I will show you the way!
Dig this content? Sign up for updates…it’s FREE! Sign me up!
✂️ Cut Out the Wellness Noise
I personally promise not to send you wasteful spammy emails. 🚫✉️
When I send an email, I AM sharing my knowledge on Essential Oils, Cutting out Sugar, Detoxing, DIY, and so much more to help you on your wellness journey. 🥗🧶🌍
Great article! Well said about how coaches can be beneficial in one’s life. Keep up the great work. The world needs more coaches like you! xo Johanna
Kristen Boucher says
Awww, thanks Johanna! And right back atchya! You’re changing lives every single day with your amazing gift! XO